Thursday, April 20, 2006

If it isn't one thing......

I noticed on my way home today that my right turn signal was flashing much quicker than normal. Crap - a bulb is out. I got home and sure enough - the back one is out. Of course since I have custom signals installed the bulb swap isn't that easy. The weather is nice so I might as well have at it..

I knew I had a broken mounting tab on one of the tail panels, but after taking the bike apart I realized I have a total of three broken mounting points...FRICK. And of course one is on a different panel. I was thinking about replacing the one panel that I knew was broken, but I sure don't have the $$ to replace both.

Thankfully when I repair the plastic, none of it will be seen because it's on the backside of the side panels. Here's one of the broken mounting points:

Before I knew the bulb was out, I realized it could be a wiring problem since I had different connectors on the new signals. On a postive note, my wiring is totally fine and the bulb was simply burned out.

Here's a photo of what my rear turn signals look like: Pic

Anyway - it looks like I have something to do this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home