Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I got the mod bug!!

Every winter I like to do a modification to my motorcycle. It's something that keeps me sane while waiting out the long, cold, not-able-to-ride winter months.

The first winter I had my bike I stripped the paint off the rims edges and polished the lips. For under $50 in materials and several nights in the garage inhaling paint stripper fumes along with a space heater, I added a cool detail to the bike.

The following winter I got back a nice tax return and purchased a Stage II jet kit. The carbs were removed and the new jets were installed. The stock air box was also ditched and it now utilizes free-flowing K&N pod filters.

Another winter I chopped the rear fender, removed the stock turn signals from the back and custom installed some flush-mount ones next to the tail light. I also converted the front ones to running lights by replacing the bulb socket.

I've also replaced the chain and sprockets during one winter.

Some of these things really don't take that long to do, but it still minimizes the down time during the riding season.

So the bike is pretty much where I want it - and I don't know what to do next. There are a few things that I wouldn't mind doing, but all require a little thing called cash. Right now I barely have two nickels to rub together....so the bike will have to remain as-is for this winter.

My friend is supposed to bring his cycle over so we can take care of a transmission problem...so at least I'll be able to get my hands dirty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home