Sunday, March 12, 2006

Just killing time until riding season...

I've always liked the look of polished parts on motorcycles. I've seen bikes that have everything polished - frame, wheels, calipers, footpeg mounts - you name it. Getting that done costs some huge cash and I just can't justify the expense when it does nothing for performance.

I figure I might as well put my bench grinder to good use and see how hard this polishing really is. I realize now that it isn't too hard to polish something - it just takes time. Just like sanding wood, you work your way through several steps until you reach the desired smoothness.

I picked up a few compounds and a couple of different buffs for my grinder went to work on the clutch and brake levers on the bike. The one on the top is how they started. The one on the bottom is what it looks like after about 20 minutes of work. Not too shabby, but I think it could be better (the photo doesn't do it justice really).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home