Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Enough with the stupid support ribbons

Everyday on my commute to work I see countless cars and trucks with these magnetic ribbons. The first ones I remember were the yellow ones that said "Support our troops." Then I saw a pink one for breast cancer awareness. Now you can get a ribbon for just about everything. The reason I had to put in post here about this stuff is because I saw a ribbon for probably the most obscure thing - Autism Awareness. Ok - what the eff. Apparently April is Autism Awareness month. I guess I did learn something. Am I going to do anything different now that I know this? Um...no. Am I being an insensitive prick? Probably.

My problem isn't because people have these ribbons - it's the fact that in probably almost all cases - the purchase of these magnetic ribbons does NOTHING for these various causes. I noticed a buddy of mine had a yellow "Support our Troops" ribbon on his truck. So I asked him - "did any of the money you spent on that ribbon go to the family's of the troops?" His answer - "oh, I dunno."

People - wake the fuck up and STOP buying these lame-o ribbons! If you want to make a difference - give these various charities your money! If you MUST have something stupid on your car - here ya go:



These can be purchased at Antimagnet.com, but I strongly suggest you save your money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home