Saturday, June 30, 2007

Ain't she purty?


Nothing like a new clean chain - especially when it's bling-bling gold! After cleaning up the back wheel and swingarm, I reinstalled the wheel. The wheel has always been a pain to get back on because you need to lift it slightly while aligning the brake caliper bracket and wheel to slide the axle in. I read about someone using a shovel to pry and lift the back wheel while installing the axle and it worked like a charm! With the long handle of the shovel you have plenty of leverage to move the heavy wheel. Score!
As you can see from the photo, the chain fits like a charm - all I need to do now is install the master link. Having a chain rivet tool is the mutt's nuts and thankfully I have one. It's one of those tools that is kind of expensive and you end up not using it that often, but when you do use it - you know the purchase was worth it.
Back to work I go......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home