Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Success!

After a little touch-up here and there, they are finally DONE! I must say that I really like the look especially after the rotors were mounted back up on the wheels.

The chain needed some attention in a bad way. I tried out my spiffy new cleaning contraption and it did pretty well. The main thing is that it cuts down on the mess when you use kerosene because that stuff just goes everywhere. After cleaning, the chain was adjusted for slack too.

It was Sunday afternoon and the weather was still pretty decent - I couldn't let this day go to waste! I could tell the bike wasn't happy about starting...afterall, it had been several months. Once the gas worked it's way through the carbs it roared to life.

I got all my gear on and the sensation was just great. The first ride of the year is always one of the best. When you're stuck in a cage all winter you forget just how much power a motorcycle has on tap.

It was a little too cold to take the bike to work on Monday, but when I got home it was around 60 degrees... knowing that it was going to fall back into the 30s in the second half of the week, I wasn't about to let any riding opportunity slip by. I had to drop the water bill off, which is only about a 2 minute drive... but that soon turned into a 20 minute ride. I would have stayed out longer, but rush hour traffic becomes a problem and it's just no fun being in traffic unless you have to.

Today is a good day. The temp hardly dropped overnight so this morning it was already in the 50s... that means I'm taking it to work. I forgot how long it takes to get suited up and to make sure I have everything together. The real fun is the ride home - it should be in the upper 60s by that time. Good stuff.

Sadly this will be the last ride for probably a week or two as the temps are supposed to drop...argh. Oh well - plenty of warm days ahead, just not soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home