Friday, March 09, 2007

It's all in the details


What you see here are the bolts that hold the brake rotors on the wheels. After carefully masking and painting the carriers and cleaning off the wheels, I couldn't just put the bolts back as-is. A quick minute or two on the buffing wheel and the bolts on the left will look just like the ones on the right. I was hoping to just clean them up and had no idea they'd polish out this well.

A couple of more coats of paint on the rotor carriers and they'll be about ready. With the wheel off the bike and the rotors off the wheels, I'm reconsidering the task to paint the wheels too....hmmmm.. decisions decisions.

Not sure if I should do the wheels like this bike or something more of a gunmetal. Those wheels were painted with a rattle can believe it or not.. I might have to take a trip to the hardware store to see what colors they have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home