Sunday, May 27, 2007

Random sightings..

This is the first cell phone I've had with a camera on it... and it takes pretty decent images at 1.2 megapixels. Perfect for blogs and sending over email. It's come in handy to snap pics of interesting things I see anytime I'm out and about.

Today I post a couple of things I've seen in the past week that make me say to myself - "what the hell were these people thinking??"

First is this guy here.

It was a little cool this morning on my way to work - probably about 6:30am. I give anyone props for suiting up and taking their motorcycle, especially when I didn't feel like riding mine (such as this morning). I'd like to say that a lot of people ride their motorcycles because it's fun, it saves gas during their commute, and they think it makes them look cool.

What's cooler than a Honda VTX1800 motorcycle? It's a pretty big, bad-ass ride that is intimidating to many because of it's sheer size. Cool bike - check.

Ride a cool bike, you need some leather. This guy is wearing a black leather jacket - check.

This guy was on the right track until I saw his head. Hmm... he's too cool to wear a helmet... but what is that? It's a freaking PURPLE headband. First off, you're a turd for wearing any headband on a bike. Scratch that, unless you're jogging in the early 80s no guy should be wearing a headband (man law anyone???). Then all of his cool points are immediately revoked... because it's PURPLE. Did this guy borrow it from his wife?? It gets better...

Then I notice he's wearing dress loafers with thin dress socks - his dress slacks have ridden up about 6-8 inches above his ankle.

QUICK - someone confiscate this motorcycle and get him a friggin moped.

-------------------------

I had to run an errand the other day and parked next to this older Honda Civic 3 door. Something was weird with both doors. Upon further inspection I notice they did some less than half-assed body work.



On the stock vehicle there is a black moulding that runs along the door. When this trim is removed, there is a recess in the sheet metal. Apparently they were going after a smoothed look on the door - it would have been a nice detail if they didn't use BONDO. Bondo is a plastic body filler used to smooth out lightly damaged metal. It can be sanded and then painted on so shallow dents can't be felt or seen. I think Bondo is only supposed to be used to fill recesses of 1/8" or less. The proper way to do this modification would be to cut out a section of metal and weld it into the recess so that it was about level with the rest of the door. This is what you get when you take shortcuts. Chunks of the filler have fallen off and it left behind unpainted, rusted sheetmetal. Sure looks trick now! Friggin morons...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home