Thursday, March 01, 2007

Winter almost behind us (I hope!)

Ahh - March 1st. I woke up to some serious thunderstorms and it was great...anything to help get rid of the snow! Now that the temperatures aren't in the sub-zero range, my motivation has increased to the point that I want to do some work on the bike. Not work in the sense that it needs work done, but more along the lines of some improvements, both cosmetic and functional.

First thing I want to do is paint the rotor carriers black. They currently are gold in color and I'm not a big fan of that. I'm going for the silver/black look on the bike and it's just one of those things that sticks out. I originally wanted to get them powdercoated, but lets just say that the budget wasn't approved. I only considered painting them after I was told it works pretty well as long as I use the right type of paint. The biggest pain will be masking off the rotors from the carriers, as they do not separate from each other. What the F is a rotor carrier? It's the gold thing in this photo:

I also got this spiffy automatic chain oiler called a Scottoiler. This device has a reservoir of oil that is mounted on the bike. It is then connected to a vacuum line on one of the carbs and pumps oil, one drop at a time onto the chain near the back sprocket. It's not difficult to setup, but will require some thought for a clean, and hopefully mostly hidden, install. Photos of progress will be posted after I start working on these......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home