Thursday, October 05, 2006

New tire installed

Awaiting the new tire



The new tire arrived yesterday - right on schedule. A big thumbs up for Dennis Kirk. Since they're located in Minnesota, standard delivery to IL is only 2 days..bonus! And they price match other sites so I was able to get the tire I need for about $40 less than their price...double bonus!

As you may or may not know, new tires have a slick coating on them from the factory. I'm pretty sure it's there to help the tire from drying out while being stored or something. Either way, it's pretty dangerous to ride on so you want to make sure it's worn off before pushing the bike into a corner. It can be done while riding carefully at first, or if you're impatient like me, you can do it the quicker method. A little burnout never hurt anyone right?


The flash was on for the photo and it made the license
plate appear as if I blanked it out intentionally.
Leaving for the trip in less than a week, hopefully I can get everything done on the bike I want to. I should have time to give the carbs a quick clean up as well synchronize them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home