Saturday, July 01, 2006

New bike - needs some TLC


One week ago I picked up a motorcycle for my friend. It was a pretty good deal and the bike is almost new. Well - it's a 1996 Yamaha Seca II, so I guess ten years old isn't exactly new. But, this forgotten set of wheels only has 916 original miles. You can see in the photo that the paint is still shiny and overall the bike is pretty clean.

Knowing that my best friend was in dire need of inexpensive, reliable transportation I figured this would be a perfect fit. After showing him some photos and doing a little research on this model (to see if it'd be worthy of his needs) I told him I would buy it for him and get it going - and that it could pay me pack. I fronted about 2/3 of the money for it and the wife knew that if the bike was going to anyone but him, we wouldn't have done it.

I love tinkering on this stuff and since I have the room and the time I told him it would be my pleasure to get this bike running.

Oh - and the bonus.... he's not taking delivery until September most likely so I'll have plenty of time to tinker and have some fun with this thing.