Wednesday, July 05, 2006

De-stickerfication step 2, and some tuning...


I couldn't take it anymore - that blue & purple stripe had to go! And voila, the result is what you see above. It came off in one piece too, amazing.

Also worked on trying to get the beast running smoother. It seems to have a hesistation right off of idle. I must have pulled the gas tank 4 or 5 times between yesterday and today to make minor adjustments to the carbs.

I think I'm on the right track - but I'm still frustrated only because I KNOW the tank will be coming off another few times before I'm done.

Yesterday I had a little fun - my friend Rich and I blasted up to Lake Geneva on some back roads. Weather was perfect and so was the ride. He knows a great way to get there and we only have to deal with a minimum of other traffic. For the first time I got my bike up to an indicated buck forty...heh. Good stuff......

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home