Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Destickerfication step 2.5

Tonight I rearranged the garage and backed in the Seca ("say-kuh") in preparation to remove the other side decal. When I removed the first one (previous post) it left behind a layer of adhesive in the same shape as the entire decal. That part took a good 20 minutes to remove.

I started at the tip at the rear of the bike and low and behold, this sumbitch came right off without leaving so much as a square inch of adhesive. Hmmm..what next? I know my buddy wants all the decals removed, but I think the bike might look ok if the "Seca II" logo remained without the, uh, garish colored background graphic.

Pulled out a fresh razor blade (no not a Razor blade) and went to work. I purchased a 100 pack of blades some time ago and I tell ya, they're super handy to have around. I carefully traced around the bottom portion of the text making sure not to push super hard. I knew that if I pressed too hard, I might leave some scratches in the plastic that would show up if the remaining decal was removed. What you see below is the result. See previous posts for what it used to look like. Not too shabby if I do say so myself....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home