Sunday, June 04, 2006

The perfect weekend

I guess I couldn't ask for better weather on a weekend. Low 70s & sunny with a nice breeze on Saturday and a little bit warmer today. Because of my normal work hours being pretty early - sleeping in for me is getting up at 7:30-8am.

Today was no exception. Out of bed by 8am and out the door shortly thereafter to one of the local motorcycle meeting places. The turn out wasn't bad - but I thought it'd be better considering the weather..but as the morning went on, more and more people showed up. The place I like to go is called Full Moon in Lake Bluff on Rte 41 & 137. Here are some pics from today's gathering:







Did a little yard work in the afternoon but had the urge to take another ride because sitting inside on a day like this should be a crime. I hopped on the bike and headed NW on Rte 12. Took a right turn onto State Park road and it took me over the Wisconsin border. Using my GPS to guide me I tried some roads I've never been on - some of them were a little slow - but it didn't matter. It was a great relaxing ride and I almost wish I didn't have to head home. Good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home